Be a part of the vibrant Country to Couture runway show!
Now in its 5th year, Country to Couture celebrates the marriage of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander contemporary fine art and high end fashion. Guided by our Art Centre membership, the Darwin Aboriginal Art Fair Foundation created this vibrant platform for Indigenous designers and artists to express their cultural identity through fashion and textile design.
We are now inviting designers and Art Centres to submit an expression of interest for the 2020 Country to Couture. DAAFF will be presenting two high quality runway shows at the Darwin Convention Centre. We anticipate a very competitive selection process.
In order to prepare for completing this expression of interest, please make sure you have gathered the following:
– Up to five images demonstrating the collection’s colour palette and textile design/art
– The types of fabric used in the collection and where they are manufactured (images can be uploaded)
– Licencing or artist agreement pertaining to your collection, and/or a letter of support from Copyright Agency.
– You are encouraged to upload a video of artists and designers talking about their role in the creation of the collection. No score is attributed to the production/quality of the video.
– Five high resolution images of your collection. Your application must show either design sketches, the completed samples, or looks from professional photo shoots from your collection.
– URLs for any short films relating to your label or collection
Applications have closed, with notification of successful applicants by 31 May 2020.
Given the current implications of COVID-19, we encourage you to reach out of you missed the application deadline.
Please contact Nina Fitzgerald on 08 8981 0576 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.